Insular defined: ADJECTIVE
1. of or pertaining to an island or islands.
2. dwelling or situated on an island.
3. forming an island: insular rocks.
4. detached; isolated.
5. of or characteristic of islanders.
6. narrow-minded or illiberal; provincial: insular attitudes.
7. Pathol. characterized by isolated spots or patches.
8. Anat. of or pertaining to islands of tissue, as the islets of Langerhans.
—The Free Dictionary.com/Random House Kernerman Webster’s College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.